You can use a food processor to do all your prep. I used my Ninja to do all my dirty work. Chop up some carrots...
Then some onion...
Pulse in the processor your head of cauliflower until it looks somewhat similar to rice. I actually chopped it up a little too small I think.
Steam some broccoli and chop that up too. I definitely chopped mine up too small. It breaks down even more while cooking.
Mince up 3-4 cloves of garlic...
Use pre-cooked chicken. I used some left over from a chicken I had boiled for some stock.
First throw a few Tbs of butter into a big pan and cook your onions, carrots and broccoli...
Then throw in your chicken and cook it until its hot...
Then add your cauliflower rice cook for about 10 minutes, then throw in some soy sauce, garlic, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper and sea salt.
(I do avoid soy in my diet, but fermented soy, as in soy sauce, miso soup and tempeh are okay on occasion. Organic Soy Sauce insures there are no GMO's, as 90% of all Soy is genetically modified)
Throw in some scrambled eggs. I just mixed it right in, but next I will make a hole in the middle, and scramble up the eggs separately, then mix them in.
Here's the final product.
I was pretty happy with the flavor and thought it was really good. I would have liked it to have been more of the consistency of actual chicken fried rice though. Next time I won't chop up the vegetables near as small and I'll cook the eggs more before I mix them in. Otherwise its a winner!
The munchkin loved it, but this was definitely a very messy meal!
Chicken Fried (Mock) Rice
- 1 lb Pre-cooked Chicken, torn into small pieces
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1 C White Onion
- 1 C Carrots
- 1 C Broccoli
- 4 Tb Butter (or coconut oil for dairy free option)
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 C Organic Soy Sauce
- 1 Tb Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Eggs
- Steam Broccoli for 10 minutes.
- Chop up onion, carrots and cooked broccoli. Don't chop them up too small!
- Break up and clean cauliflower. Pulse in Food Processor until it looks similar to rice.
- Mince Garlic.
- Heat large frying pan on stove and melt butter or coconut oil.
- Saute the onions, carrots and broccoli in butter or oil for about 10 minutes.
- Add cold, cooked chicken and continue stirring until chicken is hot.
- Add Cauliflower and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add Soy Sauce, Garlic, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper and Sea salt and continue to cook until the cauliflower is tender.
- Push everything to the sides around the pan, leaving an empty space in the muddle. Pour scrambled eggs into the center and cook most of the way, leaving them a little wet, then mix in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve and Enjoy!